DR. EDDIE CONNOR is a best-selling author, international speaker, college professor, radio/TV correspondent, and conference host of Vision Summit. As the founder of the Eagles Academy, he empowers members to soar into success and purpose. Dr. Eddie is a survivor of stage 4 cancer and empowers people to overcome obstacles. He is the former President of the National Entrepreneurs Association of Michigan.
As an author of 14 best-selling books, Dr. Eddie has been featured on ABC, BET, CBS, Ebony, FOX News, Jet, Lifetime TV, NBC, PBS, TCT, The Steve Harvey TV Show, The Tom Joyner Show, The Word Network, The Huffington Post, Mentoring Kings, and USA Today. Dr. Eddie was an empowerment speaker at Bishop T.D. Jakes’ MegaFest. He was featured in the acclaimed BET documentary, It Takes a Village to Raise Detroit.
Dr. Eddie is the founder of the mentoring programs, Boys 2 Books and Gifted for Greatness which empowers young males via literacy, leadership, and life skills enrichment. Dr. Eddie is a recipient of The President Barack Obama Volunteer Service Award and The President Barack Obama Lifetime Achievement Award from The White House. He is recognized as one of the Top 35 Millennial Influencers in America, listed in the Top 100 Leaders in Who's Who in Black Detroit, named to Michigan Chronicle's Top 40 Under 40, and Author of the Year by Kingdom Image Awards.
As a sought after communicator and motivator, Dr. Eddie speaks extensively at churches, colleges, and conferences by empowering and inspiring people to maximize their purpose. He grew up in Kingston, Jamaica and lives in Detroit, Michigan.
The Mask of Masculinity is the 14th book from Dr. Eddie Connor, founder of DrEddieAcademy.com. He is a Best-Selling Author, College Professor, and International Speaker.
What does it mean to be a man? How do we define manhood and masculinity? These are just some of the questions that I have always wondered about from boyhood to manhood.
Faced with the dilemma of growing up without my father and being diagnosed with stage four cancer, I journeyed on a path from heartbreak to healing and bitterness to forgiveness. Through self-development and emotional healing, I transformed my trauma into a testimony.
In The Mask of Masculinity, I empower and equip you with transparent truths by showing you how to find freedom from trauma, develop your emotional intelligence, mental well-being, communicate more effectively, redefine masculinity, and discover victory spiritually.
Masculinity has always been a mask because it causes us to hide what we must heal from inside. Each chapter will empower you to find freedom from psychological pain and emotional incarceration. The Mask of Masculinity unveils how men can reclaim their identity, lead, and love with vulnerability.
Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to support the literacy and mentoring programs, Boys 2 Books and Gifted for Greatness.
What's In the Book for Men?
- How to establish a mentally healthy well-being and walk in greater self-confidence
- Develop your emotional intelligence for effective communication
- Strategies to overcome struggles that stifle your success and how to unmask what destroys your destiny
- How to free yourself from psychological pain, anxiety, depression, trauma, and emotional incarceration
- Learn how to unlock your greatness and become your most powerful self
- How to honor your humanity and activate the power of your true masculinity
- 12 tips to maximize your life as a man
- Self-reflection inventory journal and self-assessment
What's In the Book for Women?
- Understand the mindset of the man in your life with better clarity
- Learn how to create a safe space for your man to open up and be vulnerable with you
- Understand why men have been socialized to be strong and how you can provide emotional support
- Learn how to recognize the character attributes of a healed man
- How to heal from trauma and create healthy boundaries in your relationships
- Learn the needs of a man and how to nurture his true nature
- Understand why men are guarded with their emotions and how to effectively speak to the king in him
- Learn the qualities of a gentleman and a king